torsdag 6 juni 2013

Wollongong

My Year in Australia
It has been a long journey with many different meanings. I have now been away from my home for a long time, even though it sometimes feels like it was yesterday that I arrived. Time flies by so quickly. 

Home, Australia is now my home, I am now a local in Wollongong and this is where I feel I belong. I have now got, not only one Family with one mum, one dad, one brother and one dog. I have now four families, which gives me ten siblings, eight parents, two dogs, five cats, four lizards and four different houses to call home. Staying with different families has been a great experience with a lot of benefits. 

I have seen different cultures, tried different food and experienced different Australian lifestyles. Each family has made me feel like a family member and that has been very important to me.Being away from all my friends and family, has made me more independent and helped me make more decisions on my own. It has been really hard being away for this long time and to not always know who you can trust and who wants the best for you. But the hard times have not only made me stronger but also given me a chance to find myself. 

As a Rotary Youth exchange student you get to meet so many new people, creating 
friendships and connections all over the world.This year I have really learned how to adjust and communicate in different situations with different people

I have realized that “keeping the ones you love close to you” does not only mean by the distance. My family and friends will be there for me when I come back to Sweden. And as an exchange student I have this year met and got to know more people than ever before. This makes it important to prioritize and spend time with the people that really mean a lot to you here in Australia, the people that are there for you and really care for you...the people that make you smile. I have learned to listen more to myself and make a change if there is something I am not happy about. Also have I learned to listen to people around me to share my point of view and understand theirs. 
The most important thing I have achieved this year is a greater picture of the world.I have widened my perspectives by being a local in a new country and exchanged experiences and knowledge with people from within the country and from all over the world. I have gained lifelong friendships with people I would never have met if I did not go on exchange

For all this I really want to thank everyone in my Rotary club. Thank you for making this possible for me and for being a part of the best year of my life. 

Skrev denna text till min rotary klubb är i Australien för de ska ha med den i sitt newmagazine. Ojojoj Kan inte förstå att jag bara har 30 dagar kvar! Jag menar jag har nu varit här i över 40 VECKOR! Tiden går så fort, men just nu vill jag bara vara hemma! Saknar mina undrbara vänner min familj och farmor och mormor! <3 















Kommer aldrig att tröttna på utsikten från min första värdfamilj  
North beach after a surf lesson

north beach.

Noth beach.

beautiful autumn day.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Skriv gärna något till mig!!!
KRAM